Kia Ora athletes going to the Canterbury Duathlon at Ruapuna Park on Thursday 20th May.
We will be holding training sessions on the following days. They are not compulsory but it would be great to see you there.
Meet at School and we will bike down to Westlake Park.
April 19th - This coming Sunday 9:30am - 11:00
April 20th - Monday of week 1 - 3:15pm - 4:30
April 23rd - Thursday of week 1 - 3:15pm - 4:30
April 26th- Sunday 9:30am - 11:00
April 27th - Monday 3:15pm - 4:30
Here are the details for the Primary Schools Duathon @ Ruapuna Park Raceway
Thursday 30th April - Week 2 of term 2
Ruapuna Park Raceway, Templeton
Students who placed in their age group at the Kauri Run Bike Run
Grant Forman, but is required to do marshalling duties so students will be under the care of parents
PRIMARY SCHOOLS DUATHLON INFORMATION
DATE: Wednesday 30 April 2015.
Entries close 5pm 21 April. TIME:
Reporting time 9.15am for participants and marshals in the carpark. The race briefing will commence immediately after reporting at 9.15am. The first race will commence as soon as possible after the race briefing. It is unlikely that any competitors who report late and who miss the briefing will be accepted for racing. Bikes must be left in transition until all competitors in all age groups have finished their races.
VENUE: Ruapuna Raceway
CANCELLATION: Phone 373 5058 for a message. The SportCheck cancellation text messaging service is also available to those who have signed up. The cancellation will also be posted on our website – www.primarysportscanterbury.org.nz There is no cancellation date. We will not cancel unless the weather conditions are extreme.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS Schools may enter up to four students in each age group if the school roll is less than 400, six students in each age group if the school roll is between 400 and 500, eight students if the school roll is between 500 and 600 and ten students if the roll is over 600. This may consist of any combination of each gender. Each school must also provide a marshal during the race, plus help with either set up from 8am, or clean up after 2pm. Please be aware of the costs for the use of transponders. Schools may incur the cost if athletes do not turn up. All entries will be online.
RACE DETAILS AND AGE GROUPINGS
Age is at 1st April 2015 for both girls and boys.
Children must be 9 years or over on this date – OR in year 5 at school (ie participants must be in year 5 as the minimum age group).
9 & 10 years Run 2km, bike 6km, run 1km
11 & 12 years Run 2km, bike 9km, run 1km Individuals only ‐ entrants must complete all 3 stages (ie there are no teams’ events).
The event will consist of 8 races – ie one race for each age group and each gender within these 4 age groups. Entrants will enter in an age group and certificates will be presented for the first three places.
PRIMARY SCHOOLS DUATHLON CONT.
1. Cycle helmets approved to Snell, ANSI or NZ Standards must be worn and done up at all times when competitors are in charge of their bike. There is to be no drafting and no use of aero bars, this will result in disqualification if not adhered to.
2. Assistance other than from race officials and medical personnel will result in disqualification.
3. Race officials and medical personnel have the right to remove competitors from the race.
4. All road rules and marshal’s instructions must be observed. The course will be marked and marshalled. A car will follow the last runner.
5. No drinks are to be given during the race.
6. No bikes are to be removed from the transition area until the last race is completed. This could result in disqualification.
7. No video cameras or cameras are allowed in the transition area.
8. Competitors enter at their own risk.
9. The Race Director’s decision is final.
10. ALL COMPETITORS MUST REPORT IN AND ATTEND THE RACE BRIEFING. OFFICIAL DUTIES
All schools that enter competitors are required to allocate one person for official duties. These people must be named on the official entry form, and schools’ marshals will need to choose one of two categories for assistance – before, or after the races. In addition to this, all marshals will be required to be available for duties during the races. Entries may be in jeopardy if this is not completed. Should a person be unable to fulfil their obligation on the day then it is up to the school to ensure a replacement is made and notified to the Sports Director. It is not possible to run the event without official staffing. However as all the preliminary work is done from the Sports Director’s Office no teacher release payments will be made. Depending on the number of entries, we may need to send children off in waves within a race. The official placings will be posted on the website as soon after the event as possible – probably by the day following the event.